Free guidance for publishers applying for the 2020 round of funding under the Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund.
SYDNEY, NSW, Australia - April 30, 2020
Today, Creative Folks announced a guidance and assistance program for publishers applying for grants from the Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund.
The 2020 Round of the Fund is an initiative by the Australian Government and the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), to support public interest journalism. It awards funding to publishers looking to transform their business through a combination of innovation and sustainability.
ACMA offers up to $400,000 of funding per successful applicant.
The Fund aims to:
- Provide regional publishers and content service providers with the tools to increase revenue;
- Drive business improvement activities for long-term financial sustainability;
- Promote innovation in digital journalism.
Creative Folks provide technology solutions for companies in the creative, media and marketing industries. Successful applicants from the previous rounds of funding, including Great Southern Weekender and the Junkies Magazine, were guided and advised by Creative Folks at the time.
As well as helping publishers secure the funding, Creative Folks helped these businesses implement solutions to:
- Implement multi-channel publishing systems to reach more readers and drive their businesses forward;
- Automate, to reduce operational costs and production time, and lift sustainability;
- Establish news portals, paywalls and subscription management tools.
Creative Folks are a specialist independent content technology business delivering content and workflow solutions for publishers and provide technology services for integrations, solution consulting, project delivery and managed services. They are specialists in digital asset management, product content marketing, content creation, and brand management. For more information on their offer under the Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund, please visit their website: https://creativefolks.com.au/regional-and-small-publishers-innovation-fund.