Access grant money through the new Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund and embrace the future of content creation.
May 2020 Update:
The Regional and Small Publishers Fund is back for the 2020 round of funding! Creative Folks is offering guidance and solution packages for Regional and Small Publishers. Visit our 2020 Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund page to learn more.
The Australian Government has just released the guidelines for securing grants under the new $48 million Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund. So what does it all mean for publishers and content providers?
Having pored over the guidelines and spoken with the fund’s administrator, the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), Creative Folks has a good understanding of how the fund and its application process works.
Combined with our years of experience working with major Australian media organisations, we are now uniquely positioned to help assist smaller and regional publishers to prepare their grant applications.
We have put together a program that helps explain the three tiers of grants available and what the funds from these grants can be used for. Only applications that meet key business criteria and include planning and strategy details will be considered for funding, so it’s important to get it right.
The five most important things to know are:
- There are three rounds of funding over three years. Applications for the first round must be submitted by 10 August 2018. That’s not a lot of time to prepare.
- Receiving funding in year one does not preclude you from applying in future years. The grant is tiered to allow you to submit for an initial amount and then apply in the next year to meet your identified objectives.
- The fund is designed for publishers producing public interest journalism, so if you are making a magazine about golf, for example, you don’t meet the primary purpose test.
- Your turnover must be more than $150,000 per year, but not more than $30 million.
- Funds are awarded solely for the purposes of driving innovation and changing your business model. The eligibility and assessment is quite specific.
As a Content Technology company we understand the challenges of creating and publishing content to suit all available channels and devices. For more than 15 years we have been helping publishing and media companies adapt to the changing landscape by improving efficiency, adding revenue streams and managing multiple content channels.
We want to help you better understand how your organisation can best take advantage of the opportunities these grants can provide.
To learn more about the Regional and Small Publishers Innovation Fund, visit our page that explains more. If you provide your details, we will be in touch to assist you in how best to benefit from this great initiative.